I finally finished this quilt! I found a pink floral print on a green background that I loved and picked plainer prints to go along with it. The floral print is mainly used for the border, while the plainer fabrics make up the busy centre.
I first starting piecing it a few years ago using the ‘Cheap Trick’ pattern from Miss Rosie’s Quilt Co. (altered it slightly to increase the size). The quilt top sat for a few years awaiting completion, so when we got the longarm machine this was the first project I attempted.
I called it Spring Fling because of the bright and cheerful colours, and even got around to embroidering a label.
I used a pantograph for the quilting pattern to create a design of flowers and loops. A closer view of the pattern:
I used a bright pink fabric from the patchwork as the binding. There is something satisfying about a neatly folded, finished quilt!
Edit: I found the picture I had of the quilting in progress! Just over one row left to go!