I have finally finished (and taken pictures of) a baby quilt for a friend. I’m working on improving my quilt photography, so please forgive some of the images – I don’t quite have the hang of perfecting the colours and lighting yet.
I started off with a simple square pattern. The quilting is more visible in the second picture.
I wanted to do something fun for the back, and used this post (by Better off thread) as inspiration. I’ve wanted to try a lone star pattern for a long time and thought I’d use this opportunity to attempt it on a smaller scale.
The image below is a better representation of the colour.
This is the best picture showing the actuals colours of the fabric. I managed to make use of the last remaining day light, which seemed to help.
I joke that it’s the ‘mullet quilt’: business in the front and party in the back! It is finished off with quilting along the star pattern and a hand-embroidered label. Two sided quilts are so much fun!